cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GM
GM
Level III

Script Window Open but not Viewable

Hello,

I am encountering a weird bug in which I can open a script file, but am unable to view it. It looks

I click on the windows drop down viewer and don't see it. I open the Window Task Bar and click to select the script file, but nothing happens.  I can open the script in a different instance of JMP as well as other scripts and tables in this instance of JMP...

Please advise!

Sincerely,

Matt Goodlaw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Script Window Open but not Viewable

I wonder if the window is off-screen.  JMP saves the position/size of each document.  If you see the window in the taskbar, can you right-click and select "Move" to reposition the window?

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

A couple of things might be happening.  There is a Preferences setting and also a code sequence within a script that will force it to run, without opening up.  To bypass this, try holding down the Control Key (CNTL) when you click on the file to open it.  That should override the run only option.

Jim
GM
GM
Level III

hmm, I reset my preferences back to default, still no luck.  I tried the holding down of (Ctrl), no luck.I can click on the script window but it doesn't openI can click on the script window but it doesn't open

Here is what I see:

txnelson
Super User

I assume the file is saved on disk.  Have you tried holding the CNTL key down when opening the file from disk.

If necessary, try renaming the file extension to "txt" and then opening it with Notepad.  This is very curious.

Jim
GM
GM
Level III

Still no luck. I openned the file holding Ctrl down and no luck.  What's crazy is that .jsl file opens perfectly and runs in JMP 13, just not JMP 13 Pro.  It had been working fine in the Pro version up until a couple of hours ago.

txnelson
Super User

Time to reboot, then if it still is having an issue, rename the extension to "txt" open it, and then cut and paste it into a new JSL entry.  That is at least what I would try.  Oh.....and send an email to the JMP Support folks

support@jmp.com

Jim

I wonder if the window is off-screen.  JMP saves the position/size of each document.  If you see the window in the taskbar, can you right-click and select "Move" to reposition the window?

Untitled.png

GM
GM
Level III

That was it.. I am in a new office and yesterday, I third monitor on the wall was connected and I guess they tested it with that script window.  The monitor was off when I returned and ... Thanks txnelson for the initial suggestions.