cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
matthewh
Level I

Saving journals as HTML

I would like to create an HTML report from a journal which contains various graphical outputs from JMP platforms.

I have created the journal using:

jrn1 = {cp7, cp4, cp6, cp8, cp9, cp2, cp3 } << Journal Window;

which works fine (cp* is various graphs, tables etc). If I then save this journal as HTML from the file menu, it saves the entire journal with all the graphs displayed correctly in the HTML page as I want it.

However, if I try saving the journal as HTML from JSL using:

jrn1 << Save HTML("C:\data\test.html");

it saves all the individual image files, but the HTML file only contains the last graph displayed in the journal. This also happens if I save the journal as a JRN file then reopen it in JMP.

Is it possible to do this correctly and if so, how do I do this?

Many thanks,

Matthew.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Saving journals as HTML

The Journal Window message doesn't return the created journal, so your jrn1 variable actually just holds a copy of the cp* list. The Save HTML is then sent to each item in that list, each time overwriting the previous. Try instead

Current Journal() << Save HTML("C:\data\test.html");

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XanGregg
Staff

The Journal Window message doesn't return the created journal, so your jrn1 variable actually just holds a copy of the cp* list. The Save HTML is then sent to each item in that list, each time overwriting the previous. Try instead

Current Journal() << Save HTML("C:\data\test.html");
ENTHU
Level IV

I used this approach to save journal as HTML.

Is there a way to open html page in default browser when the script is run?

Thanks

This should work:

Web("C:\data\test.html");

See 'Scripting the Report' in "Sharing Interactive Web Reports in JMP 13" at:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discovery-Summit-2017/Sharing-Interactive-Web-Reports-in-JMP-13/ta-p/44...

~John

ENTHU
Level IV

This works!Thanks

ENTHU
Level IV

Also I was wondering if there is a way in jsl to combine 2 htmls and display as one report.

Thanks

There are a few ways to combine multiple reports into interactive HTML. Please take a look at:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-create-a-html-file-from-output-from-several-JMP-re....

~John