cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
matthewh
Level I

Saving journals as HTML

I would like to create an HTML report from a journal which contains various graphical outputs from JMP platforms.

I have created the journal using:

jrn1 = {cp7, cp4, cp6, cp8, cp9, cp2, cp3 } << Journal Window;

which works fine (cp* is various graphs, tables etc). If I then save this journal as HTML from the file menu, it saves the entire journal with all the graphs displayed correctly in the HTML page as I want it.

However, if I try saving the journal as HTML from JSL using:

jrn1 << Save HTML("C:\data\test.html");

it saves all the individual image files, but the HTML file only contains the last graph displayed in the journal. This also happens if I save the journal as a JRN file then reopen it in JMP.

Is it possible to do this correctly and if so, how do I do this?

Many thanks,

Matthew.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Saving journals as HTML

The Journal Window message doesn't return the created journal, so your jrn1 variable actually just holds a copy of the cp* list. The Save HTML is then sent to each item in that list, each time overwriting the previous. Try instead

Current Journal() << Save HTML("C:\data\test.html");

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XanGregg
Staff

The Journal Window message doesn't return the created journal, so your jrn1 variable actually just holds a copy of the cp* list. The Save HTML is then sent to each item in that list, each time overwriting the previous. Try instead

Current Journal() << Save HTML("C:\data\test.html");
ENTHU
Level IV

I used this approach to save journal as HTML.

Is there a way to open html page in default browser when the script is run?

Thanks

This should work:

Web("C:\data\test.html");

See 'Scripting the Report' in "Sharing Interactive Web Reports in JMP 13" at:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discovery-Summit-2017/Sharing-Interactive-Web-Reports-in-JMP-13/ta-p/44...

~John

ENTHU
Level IV

This works!Thanks

ENTHU
Level IV

Also I was wondering if there is a way in jsl to combine 2 htmls and display as one report.

Thanks

There are a few ways to combine multiple reports into interactive HTML. Please take a look at:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-create-a-html-file-from-output-from-several-JMP-re....

~John