cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hkamel
Level I

Saving a graph to my jmp file?

How do I do this so I dont have to recreate the graphs evertime?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Saving a graph to my jmp file?

Welcome to the JMP User Community!

As a new user you should make sure you take advantage of the New User Welcome Kit. That will give you a good foundation for learning more about JMP.

You can also read Discovering JMP which will walk you through the basic use of JMP.

As for your specific question, for any report you generate you can save the script to reproduce back to the data table. Just go to the red triangle menu at the top of the report and choose Script->Save To Data Table...

JMPScreenSnapz170.png

That will add the script to your data table. You'll find it in the upper left corner. Click on the green "play" button to run the script and reproduce the report.

Scripts in JMP data tableScripts in JMP data table

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@hkamel
 You can use the New Script() function to save graphs to your table. 

For E.g.: See the Sample code below: 

dt =  Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp"); 

dt << New Script("MyGraph",Bivariate( Y( :weight ), X( :height ), Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) ));

You can then use the Run Script function to generate the graph

dt << Run Script("MyGraph"); 

Best
Uday
hkamel
Level I

For someone who has never used this program before, i am not sure what you mean.  I am used to Minitab and I have not taken classes in JMP.  Can you explain it in easier steps?

thank you,

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Welcome to the JMP User Community!

As a new user you should make sure you take advantage of the New User Welcome Kit. That will give you a good foundation for learning more about JMP.

You can also read Discovering JMP which will walk you through the basic use of JMP.

As for your specific question, for any report you generate you can save the script to reproduce back to the data table. Just go to the red triangle menu at the top of the report and choose Script->Save To Data Table...

JMPScreenSnapz170.png

That will add the script to your data table. You'll find it in the upper left corner. Click on the green "play" button to run the script and reproduce the report.

Scripts in JMP data tableScripts in JMP data table

-Jeff
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@hkamel , 
      Sure. Let's walk through this step by step. I haven't worked with Minitab previously so I will try to do my best and please let me know if you need any further clarification. 

You can use JMP in 2 ways (very broadly speaking) 

1. Interactively 

2. Scripting - The Scripting Language that JMP has is called JSL  ( JMP Scripting Language)

The approach that I have taken to address your question was based on (2) i.e. Scripting. The approach that Jeff Perkinson is advising is (1). (1) is definetely easier and I would recommend you follow that in this case. 

If you are eploring JSL i.e. step(2) , then please feel free to use the approach I suggested after you explore the New User Kit. Hope this helps. 

Best
Uday
hkamel
Level I

Ok.  I will try both ways.  I don't like this program, but such is life.  It is not very user friendly.