cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MaximilianN
Level I

Merging two tables using several columns

Hello Commmunity,

I have two JMP tables where each row represents a person, including age, sex and area, but no unique ID.

Table 1 has columns: Age Sex Area and columns with info A B C

Table 1 has columns: Age Sex Area and columns with info X Y Z

I need a table where rows with A B C are added to those with X Y Z. 

Is it possible to merge the two based on rows with identical combos of Age Sex and Area? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Merging two tables using several columns

Hi Maximillian,

Do you have JMP 13? If so, you can use Query Builder for Tables under the Tables menu. There you can specify several columns to be the keys to uniquely identify each person without a unique ID column. Then you can join in two tables as you like.

See this link:

http://www.jmp.com/support/help/13-2/JMP_Query_Builder.shtml

Hope that helps.

Chris Kirchberg

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com

Re: Merging two tables using several columns

Using Tables > Join you can use matching columns to join your tables.  For POC I used Bands Data.jmp from the sample data and subset a portion of the data out and then deleted the columns I wanted to add back from the original table.  See the set up dialog below as a guide on how to set up the join.  If you are joining more than two tables together then I would suggest using JMP Query Builder also found under the Tables drop down.

Capture6.JPG