Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
twaintwist
Level III

Save small datatable to Journal

I've been at this for a while and I know it's doable but I can't seem to get it to work....

I can save my Graphs to a journal but can't append a small data table (summary table) to the journal.....  --- any hints?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
thechadd
Level IV

Re: Save small datatable to Journal

Highlight the cells you want in the table, or select everything, then hit Crtl-J or Edit--> Journal.  The selected cells should show up in the Journal with column headers.

Highlighted
twaintwist
Level III

Thanks ---- I should have been more clear in my need ---- I need to save the Datatable to a journal using a script....

Highlighted
ms
Super User ms
Super User

dt = Open( "$ENGLISH_SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" ) << Summary( Group( :Age ), Mean( :Height ) );
dt << journal;

Works in JMP 9 & 10, possibly also in older versions.

Highlighted
Heidi
Level II

Hi,

Your solution works. However do you know a way to give that journal a name then I can append other graphs in the same journal?

Thanks!

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

dt = Open( "$ENGLISH_SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" ) << Summary( Group( :Age ), Mean( :Height ) );
xx = New Window( "my journal", <<journal );
dt << journal;

This is all covered in the Scripting Guide.  I strongly encourage you to read through it

Help==>Books==>Scripting Guide 

Jim
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.