Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AdirZig
Level I

Run script on MAC

Hi all,

I trying to run script on Mac, which works fine on windows.

but in some step I got the following error:

"segoe ui at row 114086"

could some one advice how to troubleshoot the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Run script on MAC

I'm not sure we have enough information as that doesn't look like a standard message from JMP. Segoe UI is the name of a font on Windows.

Does row 114086 of any of the data tables you're using as a part of your script have "segoe ui" as a value in a column?

Can you give us some more clues about what the script is doing or where in the script the error might be occurring?

-Jeff
Craige_Hales
Super User

search the script for that font name. Replace it with either

1. an if statement that tests for the OS and provides a font for that OS
  2. a JMP base font name

The first choice might look like this:

// TextFont example in scripting index
Text Font( If( Host is( "Mac" ), "Helvetica", "Arial" ), 30, "Italic Bold" );

The second choice might look like this.

// Set Base Font example in scripting index
fontobj << Set Base Font( "Title" ); 

The base font names are found in preferences:

The user can set their own preference for each base font.The user can set their own preference for each base font.

I re-worked the SI example like this ( @Audrey_Shull  - I think the example needs help, it works but does not make a very observable change.)

Names Default To Here( 1 );
New Window( "Example",
	ob = Outline Box( "Outline Box",
		V List Box(
			ob2 = Outline Box( "Outline Box 2",
				H List Box( Text Edit Box( "Top Left", <<Set Base Font( "Title" ) ), Text Edit Box( "Top Right", <<Set Base Font( "Mono" ) ) )
			),
			ob3 = Outline Box( "Outline Box 3", H List Box( Text Edit Box( "Bottom Left" ), fontobj = Text Edit Box( "Bottom Right" ) ) )
		)
	)
);
fontobj << SetBaseFont( "Small" );

to get this:

Bottom Left is unchanged from the default Text fontBottom Left is unchanged from the default Text font

Using the Base Font Names is good because it keeps the OS dependency out of your JSL and allows users to customize the way fonts are used. Try to pick a Base Font name that represents what the font is doing for your application.

Craige

Thanks for the tag, @Craige_Hales - we'll see if we can improve this example with something similar to your suggestion, trying to make the differences more obvious.