cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Yang
Level II

Response surface final equation in terms of actual factors

Hi

I am very new to JMP and recently im using DOE for response surface methodology.

My question is; the equation in the softwear is given in terms of coded factors, how i can use this softwear to convert the equation with actual factors?

Many thanks 

Yang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Response surface final equation in terms of actual factors

What you are displaying are the Parameter Estimates for the model that is specified for your DOE.  The definition of it can be found in the DOE Documentation

Help==>Books==>Design of Experiments Guide

If what you displayed is an attempt to follow what Dan indicated to do, let me clarify that for you.  What was specified was to "save the prediction formula from the model fitting results".  To do this, click on the red triangle and select 

Save Columns==>Prediction Formula

prediction.PNG

This saves the Prediction Formula to the data table.  Then, "Open up the formula from the data table.".  To do this, go to the data table, right click on the header for the new column that has been added to the data table, and select "Formula"

prediction2.PNG

The formula window will be opened up.  Then you can "From the red triangle pop up menu of the equation editor, choose simplify"

prediction3.PNG

This is the prediction formula for your Model

Jim

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

One way is to save the prediction formula from the model fitting results. Open up the formula from the data table. From the red triangle pop up menu of the equation editor, choose simplify.

Dan Obermiller
Yang
Level II

Hi dan

Parameter Estimates

Term Estimate Std Error t Ratio Prob>|t|
Intercept 19,956667 0,320239 62,32 <,0001
Temp(45,75) -1,40125 0,196105 -7,15 0,0008
time(30,120) 1,27 0,196105 6,48 0,0013
E(0,1,1) 3,82625 0,196105 19,51 <,0001
Temp*time -1,31 0,277335 -4,72 0,0052
Temp*E -1,3075 0,277335 -4,71 0,0053
time*E 0,515 0,277335 1,86 0,1224
Temp*Temp -2,127083 0,288659 -7,37 0,0007
time*time -0,809583 0,288659 -2,80 0,0378
E*E -1,747083 0,288659 -6,05 0,0018

This is what i got for the formular, i have no idea how to do with it 

txnelson
Super User

What you are displaying are the Parameter Estimates for the model that is specified for your DOE.  The definition of it can be found in the DOE Documentation

Help==>Books==>Design of Experiments Guide

If what you displayed is an attempt to follow what Dan indicated to do, let me clarify that for you.  What was specified was to "save the prediction formula from the model fitting results".  To do this, click on the red triangle and select 

Save Columns==>Prediction Formula

prediction.PNG

This saves the Prediction Formula to the data table.  Then, "Open up the formula from the data table.".  To do this, go to the data table, right click on the header for the new column that has been added to the data table, and select "Formula"

prediction2.PNG

The formula window will be opened up.  Then you can "From the red triangle pop up menu of the equation editor, choose simplify"

prediction3.PNG

This is the prediction formula for your Model

Jim
Yang
Level II

Thank you very much!
Yang
Level II

Hi Jim

I have another question about RSM result.

how can i obtain the anova table or the "Parameter Estimates" like this? i mean with the quadric and linear factor which give SS and MS values in the result? Many thanks

rsm anova.jpg

txnelson
Super User

The source table you are referring to is found in the "EffectsTests" paragraph in the Anova(RSM) output.  

effect tests.PNG

By default the Mean Square is not displayed, since it is really a redundant statistic, however, it can be displayed if you right click on the table and select "Columns" and then select Mean Square.

Jim
Afnanyasir
Level I

Respected sir, where do i get the final prediction equation of my model. sample images are attached for JMP prediction formula and actual required formula, Please help 

2020-03-10.pngrsm.JPG