cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JesperJohansen
Level IV

Rename columns in JMP 12

In earlier versions of JMP I could click twice on the column name of the actual column (not the Column overview pane on the right) and be allowed to rename the column. I could also toggle between columns by hitting the "tab" key when in name editing mode. In JMP 12 this feature seems to be removed. Now I either have to double click to enter "Column Info..." or click twice on the column name in the Column overview pane. Am I doing something wrong? Can I reactivate this feature somehow? I especially miss the ability to toggle quickly trough column names for fast renaming of several columns.

BR
Jesper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rename columns in JMP 12

Hello Jesper,

In some ways it is actually easier to change column names in JMP 12.   Click in the column header (just once) that you want to change and then start typing the new column name.  When you are finished with the name of the column you are working in you can then hit the Tab key to move to the next column.

I was missing the Tab key function as well until I found the above almost by accident.

Best,

Bill

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Jesper,

In some ways it is actually easier to change column names in JMP 12.   Click in the column header (just once) that you want to change and then start typing the new column name.  When you are finished with the name of the column you are working in you can then hit the Tab key to move to the next column.

I was missing the Tab key function as well until I found the above almost by accident.

Best,

Bill

Steven_Moore
Level VI

Cool....Thanks, Bill.

Steve
JesperJohansen
Level IV

Great. Thanks. It just didn't show the column in edit mode until you start typing. Just what i needed.

BR
Jesper