cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Gadsdon
Level III

Rational Subgrouping

Hi Tonya, I saw your recent article New subgrouping features for Process Screening available in JMP 16.1 2022-11-02.
Is there a way of automating the selection of Phases?  I may want to sort the data in 100's of different ways via the Phase function
If I use the same data "Semiconductor capability" and want to get these two graphs with Phases (1) Wafer (2) SITE

Gadsdon_0-1669563950433.png

Gadsdon_1-1669563987487.png

I have to do them one at a time, there is a facility under Analyze/Quality and Process/Control Chart/IMR Control Chart, but this only allows you to select one Phase, see the error dialogue box below "Maximum od 1 column have been added to the list" - it will not accept more that 1 data source to sort the data.  Is there a way to add multiple Phases as the graphs about

Gadsdon_2-1669564258489.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rational Subgrouping

I suggest using the Process Screening platform and using the Grouping role.

Process Screening(
	Process Variables( :NPN1 ),
	Grouping( :lot_id, :wafer ),
	Control Chart Type( "Indiv and MR" )
);

This will give you the statistics and analyses you want, but you will get a separate control chart for each level of the grouping variable rather than 2 control charts with phase variables.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I suggest using the Process Screening platform and using the Grouping role.

Process Screening(
	Process Variables( :NPN1 ),
	Grouping( :lot_id, :wafer ),
	Control Chart Type( "Indiv and MR" )
);

This will give you the statistics and analyses you want, but you will get a separate control chart for each level of the grouping variable rather than 2 control charts with phase variables.

Gadsdon
Level III

Thanks Tonya for your help, the grouping function in Screening is very good, soI can get individual graphs of all the subgroups, but I have to align the y axis scale as they auto adjust, which is a bit of a pain.  But the flagging of different categories alarms is very useful.  Thank you

You can align one Y axis, right-click and select Edit > Copy Axis Settings. Now press and hold the Control key for Windows or the Command key for Mac, right-click on the same axis on another plot and select Edit > Paste Axis Settings. The changes will be broadcast to all the axes in the same role.