cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aberquin
Level I

ROC AUC confidence interval

Hi,

Is it possible to calculate the 95% confidence interval of a ROC AUC ?

I found a add-in that was supposed to to so but does not seem to work for this option:  

Thanks for your help,

Anne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: ROC AUC confidence interval

Hi Anne,

That was an add-in I had created...I have kept this one running over the years (IVD performance ) but not the one with the AUC confidence intervals. Now I tend to use bootstrap CI in JMP Pro.  Without pro you could build your self a calculator table using column formulas to calculate your interval - there is more than one way to get at the confidence intervals so you would need to decide on the method.

This add-in has the AUC and more (Threshold Explorer).

However that may be more than what you need and can be slow to run.

Karen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: ROC AUC confidence interval

Hi Anne,

That was an add-in I had created...I have kept this one running over the years (IVD performance ) but not the one with the AUC confidence intervals. Now I tend to use bootstrap CI in JMP Pro.  Without pro you could build your self a calculator table using column formulas to calculate your interval - there is more than one way to get at the confidence intervals so you would need to decide on the method.

This add-in has the AUC and more (Threshold Explorer).

However that may be more than what you need and can be slow to run.

Karen