Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jaz
Jaz
Level IV

RE: JSL Time Data Type

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was a way for JSL to tell how much time it has been since a particular start point. For example, is there a function that could output the time difference between the start time 00:00:00 and 00:00:01? Or a function that could add one second onto 00:00:00 to make it 00:00:01. Just curious as it would save me some time. Also, is there a function to convert HH:MM:SS to minutes in JSL? If not, what would you suggest to be the simplest way of doing such a conversion?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

JMP uses seconds as the measure of time and the basis for dates. The value 0 is equivalent to 12:00 AM January 1, 1904. So the subtract function can take the difference in seconds between two time or date values. Similarily, the add function can be used to directly increment a time or date value by one second.

You can easily enter a literal value (constant) using the DDMmmYYYY:HH:MM:SS.S form, so 25Jun2018 is today.

View solution in original post

Assuming that the variable time contains numeric value as the number of seconds, the expression to convert a time value is time / In Minutes( 1 ).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ian_jmp
Staff

Try 'Help > Scripting Index', then enter 'date' into the serach field to produce:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 11.48.48.png

This shows the JSL primitives that match your serach, and, typically, there are one or mode examples of each to get you going.

Jaz
Jaz
Level IV

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I'm using an older version of JMP so it doesn't have  any other examples. Do you have any idea how I would use the function for timings?

JMP uses seconds as the measure of time and the basis for dates. The value 0 is equivalent to 12:00 AM January 1, 1904. So the subtract function can take the difference in seconds between two time or date values. Similarily, the add function can be used to directly increment a time or date value by one second.

You can easily enter a literal value (constant) using the DDMmmYYYY:HH:MM:SS.S form, so 25Jun2018 is today.

Assuming that the variable time contains numeric value as the number of seconds, the expression to convert a time value is time / In Minutes( 1 ).

Jaz
Jaz
Level IV

Thanks for the help.