cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Residentx
Level III

RE: JMP Elearning Updates

This is a just comment but I'm curious to hear the reply from JMP. 

1. I'm trying to take these JMP tests (STIPS & DOE) but this material is so outdated. I've spent time opening trouble-tickets but I only have so much time every day. Covid has allowed people to work from home and most firms have move forward faster but JMP seems to be paying attention to something else. 

When will you update JMP e-learning Material? STIPS is good but DOE material need to be improved. 

2. The JMP books, can you ask the authors to update their books to the latest version? Some of these books use JMP 13 as the reference. 

STIPS13.png

3. The technical documentation is the most current information? Can I skip the books and just read this? I've done all these e-learnings but I know they won't prepare me for these tests. 

4. Do you have any documents that show differences between JMP and JMP Pro? Will tests ask about differences?

16 REPLIES 16
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Thank you for the follow-up @Residentx.

The "Kit" badges were not awarded either because. your Community email address was not used when you initially registered or how our process handles multiple registrations. In either case, I have assigned both kit badges to your profile.

As for the STIPS badges, our records indicate that none of the courses have been completed. When most are completed, there will be the issue of the Community email address not matching the email used to register for the course.

Hope that helps clarify.

Residentx
Level III

@Ryan_Gilmore Thanks for prompt post again. 

What do you mean when you say "not used when initially registered" I posted screenshot above? I appeciate the DOE award. I have done STIPS but it may have been on another account (gcarlislemd@hotmail.com) so if you tell me how to register for STIPS properly, I will do it again because I failed the STIPS Exam and will be happy to do this again for this account. 

I appreciate your support and I look forward to making progress with SAS & JMP. 

Ryan_Gilmore

The "initially registered" comment was based on seeing multiple registrations for the DOE Introduction Kit and the New User Welcome Kit in our system and  your previous comment, 

"I originally registered years ago for through the forms but I registered yesterday directly on the form which I don't think is the proper way. I will register on the form and see what happens"

STIPS uses the SAS Profile to sign in. You have two SAS Profiles - one for your hotmail.com email address and one for altersciences.com. SAS Profiles cannot be merged. So, I would suggest completing the course using either email address. When you complete a course, send me a private message in the Community. I will verify completion and award the badge.

Hi @Residentx ,

Each module in STIPS has its own test and badge. If you know the subject matter, you can take the test for each module. If you pass the test, you will get a badge for that module from an email. To complete all of the STIPS modules will take about 25 hours. STIPS uses JMP 15.2 for all its demos. 

The tests do not ask about the differences between JMP and JMP Pro.  I find the best place to see the differences is using the JMP Starter from the View menu. It shows which features are JMP Pro only. 

There are also JMP certifications for STIPS and DOE (and Scripting). These are paid exams taken through a testing service. If you click on this link https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/jmp/jmp-statistical-thinking.html you can find example exam questions for this certification. 

The new user welcome kit does have a combination of videos recorded on windows and mac. The JMP functionality is the same, and you will notice in STIPS that all the demos are on windows. 

You mentioned several different topics, I'm not sure which badges you are attempting to get.  I recommend the STIPS course as a thorough application of many JMP features. The badging process with that course is a great way to document your knowledge gained. 

Ledi

Ryan_Gilmore

For clarification, STIPS awards its own badges which are different than the badges awarded via the Community. Since Community badges are isolated from other badging systems, we thought it would be beneficial to recognize those Community members that completed a STIPS course with a Community badge.

Residentx
Level III

@ledi_trutna I have completed the online short STIPS/Welcome and the full STIPS (25 hours course). 

About the certs, I took STIPS yesterday/last night and failed (Not a big deal). The VMs are kind of slow and lots of white pages so I see why 155 minutes was needed. I'm going to push off DOE (Scheduled for next week and do review of STIPS again). I like the format but was unprepared for the lab part. I spent time learning the UI and keyboard shortcuts and it had no questions about, lol. 

I'm just talking about STIPS and DOE community badges but I'll post screenshot (see above w/markers) with specific badges highlights.

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

Residentx
Level III

I'm back on this...

First, I have two accounts to test everything.

I've passed some tests on my other account but I'm still not getting the badges. What's the deal with?

Next, where is the best place to post for content fixes to e-learning content? I keep running into content that needs repair because not done properly.

Help!!! I need to move faster with efforts to learn JMP. This is taking too long. I'm spending too much time open bug tickets.