cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Residentx
Level III

RE: JMP Elearning Updates

This is a just comment but I'm curious to hear the reply from JMP. 

1. I'm trying to take these JMP tests (STIPS & DOE) but this material is so outdated. I've spent time opening trouble-tickets but I only have so much time every day. Covid has allowed people to work from home and most firms have move forward faster but JMP seems to be paying attention to something else. 

When will you update JMP e-learning Material? STIPS is good but DOE material need to be improved. 

2. The JMP books, can you ask the authors to update their books to the latest version? Some of these books use JMP 13 as the reference. 

STIPS13.png

3. The technical documentation is the most current information? Can I skip the books and just read this? I've done all these e-learnings but I know they won't prepare me for these tests. 

4. Do you have any documents that show differences between JMP and JMP Pro? Will tests ask about differences?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Thank you for the follow-up @Residentx.

The "Kit" badges were not awarded either because. your Community email address was not used when you initially registered or how our process handles multiple registrations. In either case, I have assigned both kit badges to your profile.

As for the STIPS badges, our records indicate that none of the courses have been completed. When most are completed, there will be the issue of the Community email address not matching the email used to register for the course.

Hope that helps clarify.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Residentx
Level III

Where have these been move to?

https://sas.support.com/stephens , these are the data files for the JMP Start Statistics Book

Also, where is the Airplane pdf file and data file for the DOE Online Module? Maybe I missed that. 

Edit: DOE Module, I found in resources, sorry.

In the Welcome kit there were file downloads on the page but this had it built into the module:

DOE_Resources.png

WelcomeKit2.png

Residentx
Level III

Finally, can you tell me how badges work here? Have I earned 3 or all of these? I've completed all these courses but I'm not sure if I'm getting credit.

ForumBadges.png

ForumBadges2.pngForumBadges3.png

Residentx
Level III

I'm starting to remember this when I did this before. Can you put the Vinyl Factors Files not the Vinyl Data. See screenshot 

I remember support sending me the file but I guess the cbt was never updated. 

VinylFactors.png

Residentx
Level III

This welcome kit....so much to comment on.

1. Do you think you should make kits for Windows and Mac?

2. Do you think you should make kits for versions of JMP?

3. Do you think you should make kits for different languages of JMP? I did see one for spanish. 

In the welcome kit today, I see many videos with various versions of jmp. Version 16 looks compelling but the test I'm trying to take for 15. I need a welcome for that version Also, I see windows and mac demos mixed together. I know Windows but Mac I don't know. I know the test will be on Windows. 

Residentx
Level III

I did both classes again today. let's see what happens with the badges? How long do they take to post?

WelcomeKit-Completion.png

Ryan_Gilmore

Hi @Residentx,

You have earned 4 badges

• Kickoff
  • First Reply
  • Staying Engaged
  • 1st 30K

Those with a date are the ones that have been earned. The others are displayed to show what badges can be earned and encourage members to continue participating. 

The "Kit" badges are given to those that have registered for the New User Welcome Kit and the DOE Introductory Kit as the learning platform does not register who completed the kits.

Thank you for the other comments as well. I am reaching out to others who are better positioned to respond.

Regards,

Ryan

Residentx
Level III

@Ryan_Gilmore Thanks for the information. I originally registered years ago for through the forms but I registered yesterday directly on the form which I don't think is the proper way. I will register on the form and see what happens. Thank you very much for the info. 

Ryan_Gilmore

The Community badges for STIPS and the kits are awarded on a weekly basis so there may be a delay before you see them.

Residentx
Level III

@Ryan_Gilmore Can you define a "week" in JMP community terms? Is that like a "New York Minute?" Does that calculation include weekends? Does JMP discovery alter the calculations? LOL  

Today is two weeks since I opened this case. A week since you commented.  What's the "tarnished" truth?  

Can you tell I have Virginia Beach on my mind (weekend getaway)? https://tarnishedtruth.com/

Moving back to this. Here's my screenshot taken right now. 

JMP_Week1.png