cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Newbie2Jumpie
Level IV

Question: Can JMP do a Full Outer Join without renaming the fields (scripting, info)

Hi,

Recently I did a Full Outer Join (inluding nonmatches). Imagine my surpirse when i found that JMP renamed all fields during the join by adding the name of the source table. Can JMP do a Full Outer Join without renaming? If I could do that just using a nondocumented) option, just let me know.

The JSL I used was something like, asuming "A" is already open:

dt << Join

(        with (data table("B") ),

select(),

selectwith(),

include nonmatches(),

by matching columns(IDENTA=IDENTB)

);

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Newbie2Jumpie
Level IV

Re: Question: Can JMP do a Full Outer Join without renaming the fields (scripting, info)

Bingo!

I stubbornly stuck to the JSL Reference...

That's why I prefer to ask people.

Thx!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Question: Can JMP do a Full Outer Join without renaming the fields (scripting, info)

You can use the "Merge Same Name Columns".

dt << Join

(        with (data table("B") ),

merge same name columns,

select(),

selectwith(),

include nonmatches(),

by matching columns(IDENTA=IDENTB)

);

You need to take the time to read the JSL documentation in the Scripting Guide

Help==>Books==>Scripting Guide

Jim
Newbie2Jumpie
Level IV

Bingo!

I stubbornly stuck to the JSL Reference...

That's why I prefer to ask people.

Thx!

txnelson
Super User

1. The response that you marked as the solution, is not the solution.  Please unmark it, and mark the response that provided the solution as the correct solution.

2. The Scripting Index is a great reference tool, but you need to read the Scripting Guide.  All of the questions you have asked today you would not have asked the Discussion Community if you take the time to read the documention

Jim