cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ahartung
Level I

Problem with adjusting number of levels for group Y in graph builder

I have a problem with adjusting number of levels for group Y in graph builder. I have 70 levels and would like to display all of them in the y group on the right side. I choose to show all levels and "number of levels" as 7 because I would like it to display it in sets of 10 (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc. up to 61-70) It always gives me some odd arrangement of the levels: 1-9, 9-18, 18-26, 26-32, 32-39, 39-45, 45-70. I would need this in a symmetrical arrangement. How can I achieve this? Thank you!

11565_pastedImage_1.png

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Problem with adjusting number of levels for group Y in graph builder

The Graph Builder X and Y Group levels for a continuous column are based on quantiles to get an even distribution of rows in each group.

If you want to define the groups yourself, you've got a couple of options.

1. You can create a column that defines the groups. You can use the Formula Editor and an If conditional to define them. Or you can download the Interactive Binning​ add-in and use that to create the column for you.
  2. You can change the Modeling Type of the column to Nominal or Ordinal and then use a Value Label property with ranges to define the groups.

There are probably some other ways to tackle this too, but maybe this will get you started.

-Jeff
ahartung
Level I

Re: Problem with adjusting number of levels for group Y in graph builder

Thank you, Jeff. I made a new column with the labels and displayed this column instead. It shows now what I wanted to see!

Thanks a lot!