cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Alma1
Level III

Predictor screening

Hi,

While using predicting screening to identify the contribution of each individual parameter among the data each time i run the program on the data different portion and contribution is observed. 

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Predictor screening

Hi,

That is correct. Becasue the predictor screening uses boostrap forests to generate the contributions, each time you run the procdure you may see different resutls. The larger the number of predictors, the more variblity you will see in the results. I often run the procedure 5 times and take the top contributors from each round and compare or feed them forward to the next step of my analysis.

For more info on the platform here is the overview help page:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/overview-of-the-predictor-screening-platform.shtml

Karen

Byron_JMP
Staff

in JMP 14, you can set the number of trees, more trees result in more stable results (but they take a little longer to run).

more data helps too.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
Alma1
Level III

thanks Byron thats helpful but how do i set up the number of threes in jmp 14?
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

There is a text box on the diaglog window (bottom left) that allows you to set the number of trees. The default is 100.