cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jeff1
Level II

Prediction profiler confidence level change

Hello,  How do you change the confidence level in the prediction profiler?  Thank you, Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Prediction profiler confidence level change

Hi @Jeff1 ,

The answer will depend on what kind of prediction profiler. If it is a prediction profiler in a Fit Model report you can change the alpha level from the red triangle menu next to Model Specification in the Fit Model dialog window.

I hope that helps but let me know if you were thinking of a prediction profiler somewhere else.

Thanks,

Phil

Ressel
Level VI

Gold! Thanks @Phil_Kay, that's just what I was looking for (and I've been searching for quite some time...).

Edit: Is it also possible to show the prediction interval in the Prediction Profiler of the Fit Model platform?

Edit 2: Hmm, doesn't look like it.

Phil_Kay
Staff

Yes, you would have to use the workaround that Hadley suggests:

From the red triangle at the top of the Fit Least Squares report 

1. Save Columns > Prediction Formula

2. Save Columns > Indiv Confidence Limit Formula

Then

3. Graph > Profiler

4. Put all 3 saved columns into Y, Prediction Formula, and click OK

This will give the mean and upper and lower prediction limits as separate Y-axes on the profiler.

It would probably be possible to "hack" the saved StdErr Pred Formula column to use that generate confidence intervals on the profiler using this approach.