cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JAV
JAV
Level I

Post-hoc in ordinal logistic fits

Hi There,

I am running an ordinal logistic model to find differences in response variable giving three locations and positions within those locations (nested by position). The model compares by default positions and locations ‘3’ vs ‘2 and 1’. I am trying to figure out if 2 is different from 1 and I am using the 95% confidence intervals to do so. Is this the right approach or is there another way to do a post hoc on ordinal logistic fits?. Also, what does it means that there are no confidence intervals reported for some paired comparisons (see below).

Thank you!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peng_liu
Staff

Re: Post-hoc in ordinal logistic fits

How about creating a null model, in which the levels that you suspect indifferent should have the same coefficient? To do that, you need to create a new table, in which desired levels should be coded the same, e.g. replace 2 by 1. Then, compare the null model and the alternative, using likelihood, number of parameters, sample size. You may construct either a Chi-square test or information criteria to compare two models.
For missing intervals, a long shot is that you don't have enough data.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
peng_liu
Staff

Re: Post-hoc in ordinal logistic fits

How about creating a null model, in which the levels that you suspect indifferent should have the same coefficient? To do that, you need to create a new table, in which desired levels should be coded the same, e.g. replace 2 by 1. Then, compare the null model and the alternative, using likelihood, number of parameters, sample size. You may construct either a Chi-square test or information criteria to compare two models.
For missing intervals, a long shot is that you don't have enough data.