cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BennyLee
Level I

Possible to reference known values in Control Chart Builder?

Hi JMP Community folks, good day to all.

I am exploring Control Chart Builder as an option, due to the availability of Local Data Filter.

Is it possible to reference columns directly from data table? (ultimately, I would like to write JSL to do so)

[columns of Center Line (Mean), Sigma, and Low/High 1-/2-/3-sigma, are already pre-generated (for whatever reason) and part of data table ... see screenshot below]

Analyze > Quality and Process > Control Chart > IR … I believe this does not support Local Data Filter?

BennyLee_0-1693877518095.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: Possible to reference known values in Control Chart Builder?

Hi @BennyLee ,

You can use the Get Limits option from Red Triangle. See the following page for more details.

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/#page/jmp/example-of-control-limits.shtml#ww1831927 

In order to use the Get Limits option, you need to change the column names that JMP can handle. The easiest way to create a limits table is to save the results calculated by the Control Chart platform. The Save Limits command in the red triangle menu for each control chart automatically saves the limits from the sample values.

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/#page/jmp/saving-and-retrieving-limits.shtml#ww1162686 

If you want to write the JSL code, here is an example. I hope it helps.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
//Create Control chart
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Coating.jmp" );
obj = dt << Control Chart Builder( Variables( Y( :Weight ) ) );

//Change here
//Open data table 
dt_limits = Open( "$temp\Limits.jmp" );

//Change column names
//Change here
dt_limits << New Column( "Process", Character, "Nominal", set values( {"Weight"} ) );
dt_limits << Go To( :Process );
Wait( 0 );
dt_limits << Move Selected Columns( To First );
//Change here
:Center Value  << set name( "_Mean" );
:Sigma << set name( "_Sigma" );

//Save limits data table
//Change here
dt_limits << Save( "$temp\ExampleLimits.jmp" );
Close( dt_limits );
obj << Get Limits( "$temp\ExampleLimits.jmp" );