cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DanAlexander
Level III

Possible to add automatic graph creation in JSL script?

Hello,

I wrote a JSL to organize experimental data which updates 22 data tables (corresponding to products), each containing columns for different physicochemical parameters (e.g. pH, osmolality). Currently, I am manually creating graphs using the Graph Builder feature and 'saving script to data table', however I was wondering if it was possible to write this into the main JSL script that is generating my data tables? 

Each graph displays a particular parameter on the y-axis, and time on the x-axis, so I want to write code that generates graphs in each data table for each parameter, rather than having to manually make the graphs and save the script. 

15 REPLIES 15
nascif_jmp
Level VI

Re: Possible to add automatic graph creation in JSL script?

I am so sorry, I didn't check. Save Window to Report was introduced in version 16.0.
DanAlexander
Level III

Ah I see. I am using JMP 15. So I cannot use the Save Window to Report function.

nascif_jmp
Level VI

I can save it in JMP 15 as a report using the UI "Save As" but I was not able to figure out how to do it using JSL.

It is a good question for the dev team. Are you in the Discovery Conference? The "Meet the Developers" virtual booth is open right now and our JSL experts are there.

nascif_jmp
Level VI

All right, please see attached for JMP 15 compatible version.

DanAlexander
Level III

Thank you! I was finally able to save the graphs using your revised script.

nascif_jmp
Level VI

I am glad to hear it is working for you! If you want something more interactive, take a look at the new graphlets feature in JMP 15. I think it might be a good fit for your data. The implicit hierarchies would make for nice drill-downs.