cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
spiny11
Level I

Permutation test only producing one outcome

I am trying to do a permutation test to see if a group of parameters are different based on exposure. For my columns I have "Tx", "Intercept" and "Intercept Shuffled". I then do a Y by X with y = "Intercept" and x = "Tx". Based on the jump permutation test guidelines (Example of a Permutation Test (jmp.com)), after running a one way ANOVA I am able to right click the F-statistic and select simulate. I switch out "Intercept" and switch in "Intercept shuffled" and run 1000 replicates with a seed of 1234. After it runs though I only have one line in the data table produced. This line is excluded and contains the F-statistic from the ANOVA I ran. When I run the distribution script the graph is blank. 

Does anyone know the fix here?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
SDF1
Super User

Re: Permutation test only producing one outcome

Hi @spiny11 ,

I'm guessing that you defined the shuffled formula in a similar/same fashion as what's described in the online help you had the link to. I've had this happen to me before using the simulate option. Typically, I've been able to get it to go away by closing down the report window and trying to re-run the analysis. I think JMP occasionally gets a hiccup and the simulate feature doesn't work as intended.

Are you able to share your data table so others can see if they can reproduce the issue?

Good luck!,

DS