cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
OneNorthJMP
Level V

PLOT ZOOM into X-AXIS

When i doing variability plot, because of too many variables, the X-axis are squeezed together with invisible to see the wording. How i able to zoom in to X-axis bar to see what is the wording? I try to use the magnifier glass, but it only allow me to zoom in and out of the Y-axis, not the X-axis bar. Please advise. Thanks 

XAXIS_ZOOM.bmp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PLOT ZOOM into X-AXIS

See Help > Books > Using JMP. Search for the Magnifier tool. This tool is used to click for a uniform change in X and Y axis or you can drag over an area to define what is shown in the plot frame.

Alternatively, you can use the Arrow tool (default cursor or mouse pointer) to slide the axis left or right or to stretch either end of the axis. The Arrow tool automatically converts to the Grabber tool (hand shape) when you hover over a continuous axis. Drag from the middle to slide or from the ends to expand or compress the range.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Newbie2Jumpie
Level IV

Depends what you're trying to do with the graph. 

You maybe could save an individual graph locally onto your computer, and then enlarge it by some graphics software. 

Success may depend on the graph format and resolution used.

OneNorthJMP
Level V

Thanks for suggestion. But i am looking for a solution that can interactively zoom in and out on the X-axis on JMP platform. 

See Help > Books > Using JMP. Search for the Magnifier tool. This tool is used to click for a uniform change in X and Y axis or you can drag over an area to define what is shown in the plot frame.

Alternatively, you can use the Arrow tool (default cursor or mouse pointer) to slide the axis left or right or to stretch either end of the axis. The Arrow tool automatically converts to the Grabber tool (hand shape) when you hover over a continuous axis. Drag from the middle to slide or from the ends to expand or compress the range.

OneNorthJMP
Level V

Thank Mark. The first option you suggest is not working. It is only magnify the Y-axis range not the X-axis. 

the 2nd option that you suggest is just make the frame bigger in order to let the text visible. But when you encrease the frame, it will not fit into 1 screen. But i guess this is the only option that i got so far. Thanks 

You misunderstood my explanation. I apologize for the confusion. You do NOT drag the edge or boundary of the frame box or axis box. You drag within the frame box (option 1) or within the axis box.

OneNorthJMP
Level V

Hi Mark,

if you mean to use magnifier to drag the x-axis box. That is negative. I try several times, it does not work. It only able to magnify the Y-axis.

No. My suggestion was to either use the Magnifier within the plot frame or use the Arrow / Grabber tool within the scale.

Capture.JPG

Select Help > Books > Using JMP and search for Grabber:

Capture.JPG

OneNorthJMP
Level V

Hi Mark, 

I try everything, it doesn't work with X-axis on Grabber. Maybe i miss something here. 

When i right click the size/scale -> there is only allow to change the Y-axis scale not the X-axis one. 

X-AXIS_SCALE.png

And i think the grabber tool only work on Numeric data, not work on category data. if my graph both y & x-axis is numeric data with scatter plot, then i am able to scale both x & y-axis. Please correct me if i am wrong.

X-AXIS_SCALE_1.png

ian_jmp
Staff

If you don't mind scrolling, you could also try the 'Frame Size . . . ' option in the screenshot above.