Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Eva_Boonaert
Level I

latent class analysis for consumer research

Hello

I want to perform a latent class analysis on my mixture-amount experiment in JMP. Under the tab 'analyze', 'consumer reasearch', 'choice' I know how to perform a conditional logit model (via the Firth Bias-adjusted estimates) and a mixed logit model (via the Hierchical Bayes estimation) but I was wondering if performing a latent class analysis was also possible for choice experiments with JMP.

I tried already the tab 'analyze', 'clustering', 'latent class analysis' but there I cannot specify the specific mixture model and I cannot state that it was a discrete choice experiment​. 

Is there a solution within JMP to perform a latent class analysis for a discrete choice experiment?

Thank you very much in advance

Kind regards

Eva 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: latent class analysis for consumer research

Latent class analysis in JMP is a kind of un-supervised learning method. The model yields classes that can then be used as responses or predictors. I would use the classes as levels of a response versus the mixture amounts in your case.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted
Eva_Boonaert
Level I

Thank you for your answer! However, I don't really understand what you mean. I included my dataset below.

Do you mean that I first need to perform a latent class analysis (under 'analyze', 'clustering') with the variables 'Chosen', 'Choice card' and 'Block' in my data as categorical response variables (and 'Respondent' as ID)? Then, I can save the probability for each respondent for each choice set to belong to a certain class. But how can I then use the classes as levels of a response versus the mixture components via 'analyze', 'consumer research', 'choice'?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards

Eva

Highlighted

My apologies. I was only trying to explain LCA. No, I do not think that it would help you in this case. The choice experiments and modeling are pretty well defined. I think that there might be loss of information if you converted your responses to classes first.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.