cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Yngeinstn
Level IV

P3ICLI Help

I am trying to use P3ICLI to create my power point slides but i am getting this error..

RunProgram Error: CreateProcess failed with error 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Run Program( /*object*/ )

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: P3ICLI Help

@Yngeinstn,

p3icli is not a JMP product.  It was written to enable lthe user to load many pictures into a Powerpoint presentation. The p3icli documentation includes an example JMP script since many JMP users use this product. To use this product:

• install p3icli
  • you must create a powperpoint template, the p3icli documentation explains how.
  • you write text commands, p3icli commands, on how to load already created pictures.

Note there is a GUI P3I, but is not as customizable as p3icli.

Since this is not a JMP product, this is not the proper forum for a full discussion. I will take this offline. I attached is a JSL script that documents where to get a JMP example and the template. It tests if the program and template are available, then uses JSL to create graphs and to create the p3icli script and run it.

Template on the left, result using slide #2 of the template on the right.

template with 2 different layoutstemplate with 2 different layouts results page that uses template slide #2results page that uses template slide #2

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Hi @Yngeinstn , what is the relation of this problem to JMP?  I'm not familiar with P3ICLI.  Are you using it to generate powerpoint slides from JMP output?

-- Cameron Willden
Yngeinstn
Level IV

I found P3ICLI on these boards and went ahead and downloaded the software.  I ran the script and it worked up until it gave me that error. I think this is the point where JMP is telling P3ICLI to put the pictures into a power point. I was wondering if anyone here has some more information on how to use. The website just has a blurb about JMP.

cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Your best bet might be to send a direct message to the users who posted about that tool to see if they can help you.  I would guess there are not too many people on this board who are familiar with that tool.  Or you can try reaching out to the developers of that tool as well.

-- Cameron Willden

@gzmorgan0 might be able to help in regards to p3icli.

Justin
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@Yngeinstn,

p3icli is not a JMP product.  It was written to enable lthe user to load many pictures into a Powerpoint presentation. The p3icli documentation includes an example JMP script since many JMP users use this product. To use this product:

• install p3icli
  • you must create a powperpoint template, the p3icli documentation explains how.
  • you write text commands, p3icli commands, on how to load already created pictures.

Note there is a GUI P3I, but is not as customizable as p3icli.

Since this is not a JMP product, this is not the proper forum for a full discussion. I will take this offline. I attached is a JSL script that documents where to get a JMP example and the template. It tests if the program and template are available, then uses JSL to create graphs and to create the p3icli script and run it.

Template on the left, result using slide #2 of the template on the right.

template with 2 different layoutstemplate with 2 different layouts results page that uses template slide #2results page that uses template slide #2