cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
terapin
Level VI

Overlay Plot Scripts Running as Graph Builder in JMP 15

Folks,

I've written dozens of JSL scripts that display my data using the Overlay Plot platform. With JMP 15, all these scripts are now run using the Graph Builder platform. This is creating a whole host of issues since the complex commands I've used in my OPs don't match up with, nor are they converted to, the appropriate GB commands.  Is it possible to turn off this "feature" and allow my scripts to run as OPs?  I sure hope so so that I can continue running my Overlay Plot scripts until I get them converted over to Graph Builder.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Overlay Plot Scripts Running as Graph Builder in JMP 15

According to the new features document, no. 

Now that overlay plots are deprecated, scripting support has been removed for them. Use Graph Builder to create overlay plots
Vince Faller - Predictum

View solution in original post

Go to Preferences->Platforms->Overlay Plot. Uncheck "Use Graph Builder".

In the future, overlay plot may be completely removed. If possible, run the old overlay plot scripts in graph builder, fix any discrepancies between the graph builder output and the old OP output, and then export new graph builder scripts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

According to the new features document, no. 

Now that overlay plots are deprecated, scripting support has been removed for them. Use Graph Builder to create overlay plots
Vince Faller - Predictum

Go to Preferences->Platforms->Overlay Plot. Uncheck "Use Graph Builder".

In the future, overlay plot may be completely removed. If possible, run the old overlay plot scripts in graph builder, fix any discrepancies between the graph builder output and the old OP output, and then export new graph builder scripts.

terapin
Level VI

Thanks for sharing the solution.  I'll begin the task of converting all my OPs over to GBs.