cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lilysecret
Level III

Open Local Image using Relative Pathway

I have survey data in which respondents have uploaded images. I need to have links to the images in subdirectories by question number and have the image open when clicked in JMP. This works with an Expression column for the absolute pathway, but not for the relative pathway. What do I need to add to the "Image Relative Path" column to make it work? TIA.

example.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Open Local Image using Relative Pathway

Seems like Web() doesn't like relative paths. You could modify the Web() in Event Handler of the expression column in Relative Path to build the "full path".

This example won't directly work in your case, but will most likely help you a bit depending on how complicated paths you have.

Web(Substitute(thisTable << get path, thisTable << get name || ".jmp", Char(thisTable:thisColumn[iRow]))); // open a web page

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Seems like Web() doesn't like relative paths. You could modify the Web() in Event Handler of the expression column in Relative Path to build the "full path".

This example won't directly work in your case, but will most likely help you a bit depending on how complicated paths you have.

Web(Substitute(thisTable << get path, thisTable << get name || ".jmp", Char(thisTable:thisColumn[iRow]))); // open a web page

-Jarmo
lilysecret
Level III

Thank you, it works exactly as I need!