cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ressel
Level VI

ODBC connection to Google BigQuery

One of our data scientists wrote a manual for how to connect to our data warehouse / Google BigQuery. It works wonderfully on his machine but I have been failing trying to replicate his success on my machine. So far:

• Simba ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery (64 bit, version 2.02.03.1000) was installed
  • The driver was added to the System DSN and activated/authenticated using a Google Confirmation code plus a Refresh Token
  • The different catalogs or projects in our data warehouse come up in a drop down list (i.e. they are obviously there) as part of the set-up and when testing the driver it confirms connection to BigQuery a "Success"
  • My user privileges were bumped up so I can see all company projects in BigQuery browser view - so I presume I have necessary access rights

Problems:

• When trying to connect to BigQuery in JMP via File --> Database --> Open table the New Connection is added (and can be re-confirmed using another Google Confirmation code & Refresh Token) but I don't see any of the datasets available in BigQuery
  • Connecting to BigQuery via MS Excel (64 bit) was also tried and here I can also see also the individual datasets available in BigQuery. However, previews fail to load and when trying to load datasets this will consistently result in the below error message.

Ressel_0-1610018309650.png

Any suggestions on how to proceed further? Our team of data scientists doesn't seem to find an answer to this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ressel
Level VI

Re: ODBC connection to Google BigQuery

Update 07. Jan. '21: Problem solved by updating to latest driver version (2.03.02).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ressel
Level VI

Re: ODBC connection to Google BigQuery

Update 07. Jan. '21: Problem solved by updating to latest driver version (2.03.02).