cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GZ78
Level II

Numeric values in wrong order on axis

I am trying to plot some data in graph builder, but the numeric values (x axis below) plot in order of the number while ignoring the decimal place.  I am plotting overlays that use the same 116 numeric categories on the x-axis, so dragging these values manually is not efficient.  The values are in the correct order within the data table.  What settings can I use to maintain either the order assigned in the data table or force them to read from smallest to largerst without ignoring the decimal place?

values.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Numeric values in wrong order on axis

If you make your x axis variable continuous, I believe that would correct the problem.
Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

Perhaps you have a value ordering property turned on? Any chance you could share some of the data?
Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you make your x axis variable continuous, I believe that would correct the problem.
Dan Obermiller
GZ78
Level II

I had already assigned it as continuous. I reattempted that and I get the same issue. I have also tried fixing the decimal places to three. (for example values with 0.001, 0.010 and 0.100). Neither of these seemed to work.

Perhaps you have a value ordering property turned on? Any chance you could share some of the data?
Dan Obermiller
GZ78
Level II

We were both headed in that direction.  There was a value ordering setting already applied in the data.  I removed this and reset all the column settings.  I am now getting the plot I need.  Thanks for the help, Dan!