cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GZ78
Level II

Numeric values in wrong order on axis

I am trying to plot some data in graph builder, but the numeric values (x axis below) plot in order of the number while ignoring the decimal place.  I am plotting overlays that use the same 116 numeric categories on the x-axis, so dragging these values manually is not efficient.  The values are in the correct order within the data table.  What settings can I use to maintain either the order assigned in the data table or force them to read from smallest to largerst without ignoring the decimal place?

values.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Numeric values in wrong order on axis

If you make your x axis variable continuous, I believe that would correct the problem.
Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

Perhaps you have a value ordering property turned on? Any chance you could share some of the data?
Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you make your x axis variable continuous, I believe that would correct the problem.
Dan Obermiller
GZ78
Level II

I had already assigned it as continuous. I reattempted that and I get the same issue. I have also tried fixing the decimal places to three. (for example values with 0.001, 0.010 and 0.100). Neither of these seemed to work.

Perhaps you have a value ordering property turned on? Any chance you could share some of the data?
Dan Obermiller
GZ78
Level II

We were both headed in that direction.  There was a value ordering setting already applied in the data.  I removed this and reset all the column settings.  I am now getting the plot I need.  Thanks for the help, Dan!