Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Normal quantile plot for different variables

Gabriela_MJ

Occasional Contributor

Jan 4, 2017

Hello, 

I have data which correspond to different cases (resistance values for different structures). I want to make the normal quantile plot for each case and see all cases in the same graph (each case with different marker or color, for example) in order to observe directly the differences and make comparisons.

Is it possible? I try grouping by structure in the option "by" but I obtain one different graph for each case.

Kind regards,

G.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

This result is possible in the Oneway platform. I assume that you have the data in one column and the group indicator in another column. Select Analyze > Fit Y by X. Select the data column and click Y. Select the column with the group indicator and click X. Click OK to launch Oneway.

Click the red triangle next to Oneway and select one of the commands to plot the normal quantiles.

Note that you can also select Rows > Color or Mark by Column and select the grouping column. This command (by default) will assign the same color to markers as used for the lines for each group.

1 REPLY
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

This result is possible in the Oneway platform. I assume that you have the data in one column and the group indicator in another column. Select Analyze > Fit Y by X. Select the data column and click Y. Select the column with the group indicator and click X. Click OK to launch Oneway.

Click the red triangle next to Oneway and select one of the commands to plot the normal quantiles.

Note that you can also select Rows > Color or Mark by Column and select the grouping column. This command (by default) will assign the same color to markers as used for the lines for each group.