cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ryandewitt
Community Manager Community Manager

New User Welcome Kit Discussion

The Welcome Kit is designed to track what you've watched and the activities you've completed. However you may need to adjust your browser security settings if it does prompt you to resume your state when returning. You can access the Welcome Kit here. Safari, Chrome and IE 11 work well for caching and storing Kit progress without adjusting your local browser security settings.

Please share your ideas and suggestions.

Ryan DeWitt - JMP User Enablement | Creative • Video • Design • Learning
32 REPLIES 32
rmcgee
Level I

Re: New User Welcome Kit Discussion

I'm a professional app developer, and I noticed there are a few rough edges getting started with the New Users Kit. For example, the upper-right corner has a "login" prompt, but that's greyed out. Yet the right side center of the screen has a prompt to log in? The roadmap is probably going to be the first place a new JMP user will look for on-line training, so it needs to be as clear as possible.

-Rich

ryandewitt

So we have resolved these issues by converting to a new format. thank you for your help @rmcgee http://jmp.com/welcomekit/en

ryandewitt

So we have resolved these issues by converting to a new format. thank you for your help @rmcgee http://jmp.com/welcomekit/en

rmcgee
Level I

The "transcript" tab does not provide an accurate transcription of what the voice on the video is saying. It's close, but there are additional words and phrases that are either not included in the voice, or are missing from the transcription. That may throw off users who are trying to follow along by reading. I prefer to learn by reading the transcript as I'm viewing a topic, as it helps re-enforce the concepts.

-Rich

ryandewitt

All great feedback and suggestions. I'll make some adjustments. Thank you.

Ryan

ryandewitt

I just updated the Kit, so if you've lost your browser cache, contact me for the access codes here on the Community.  @ryan_dewitt  

DVLuna
Level III

Hey there!

I am adding this response as the closing exercise in the New User Welcome Kit.

The roadmap was extremely helpful, but I did encounter an issue with a sample data item.

In the Texas Precipitation sample excel file, the cells within the 2009 tab for the first three columns are merged cells while the heading in the season/month columns are not merged cells.  This resulted in the column headings not aligning with the other tabs for the import until I saved off the sample file and "unmerged" the heading cells in the 2009 tab.

A simple issue, but I needed to manipulate the excel file in order to get through the exercise.

Overall, great training package.

Dave

ryandewitt

So glad you found the Kit helpful and really appreciate that feedback Dave.  I'll make an adjustment to that Activity. 

Let me know if you need help with any more training or finding a specific JMP YouTube video. 

Ryan

Shaily_Shah
Staff (Retired)

The new user welcome kit is a great way to learn about JMP. As a student intern, going through the training and completing the tasks has helped me get hands on with the product. 

ryandewitt

That is great to hear. Glad it was helpful. Keep learning. - Ryan