cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Wantj43
Level III

Neg number

Graph builder generates a negative data point in a scatterplot - however the data point is positive in the database.

I have re-entered the data but still represented as a negative data point.

Any help appreciated. 

Using jmp14.

Thank you

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wantj43
Level III

Re: Neg number

I would like to thank everyone for the help.
The source of the problem was a data entry error on my part.
Joe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Could you supply an image of the graph, and a sample of the data?

Jim
Wantj43
Level III

Attached is the scatterplot.

A review of the both the original Access and the jmp file display the number as "positive".

Thank you for the assistance.

Joe

Minus514.png

txnelson
Super User

I suggest that you submit this to the JMP support group.  You may be more comfortable providing them your data.  I have never run across this issue, and having the data is really necessary to investigate the issue.

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I'll agree with @txnelson. It's going to be hard to diagnose without seeing the data table directly. I've never seen a case where JMP is plotting the data incorrectly. If you can share just that column of data or even just those two points as a JMP data table that will help. 

What does the Distribution report for that column look like? Can you share that?

-Jeff
Wantj43
Level III

I would like to thank everyone for the help.
The source of the problem was a data entry error on my part.
Joe