cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
YamahaR62008
Level I

Need training with JMP

Seeking someone with JMP experience to assist in providing virtual training on JMP. This will be a paid engagement if interested.  

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

Re: Need training with JMP

Could you be more specific?
Do you need
How to use JMP interactively?
How to write JMP scripts?
What statistics to use to analyze your data?
What is your native language?

There is the New User Welcome Kit https://www.jmp.com/welcome
There is the Discovering JMP document under the Help menu
There are all of the detailed documents in the JMP Documentation Library, under the Help menu
There are the JMP Tutorials under the Help menu.
Jim
ian_jmp
Staff

Perhaps stating the obvious, but please check out JMP Training. But, without a few more details of what you are looking for, we are guessing.

statman
Super User

To add to the list, do you need training in the application of statistical thinking and methods (where and how JMP can assist in the iterative process of investigation)? All data analysis depends on how the data was acquired.  Once you understand what questions you are trying to answer and what hypotheses you are trying to get insight into, you need to plan for the data collection.  Analysis comes after the data has been collected.  Sure you can "torture data" to get some clues and to develop hypotheses (this is what data mining is all about), but ultimately you must understand data collection prior to data analysis (use of the software).

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
YamahaR62008
Level I

Thank you for your response.  I am interested in learning about the product in general.  I have been reading the JMP Documentation Library document from the Help menu and it provides rich information.  I figured, someone with in-depth knowledge can help me understand the regression modeling, ways that you could calculate odds and probabilities, understanding the results, etc.  I am new to the product and I want to learn it.  

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Dear @YamahaR62008 ,

Please feel free to send me a PM on the system.

It sounds like you have a discrete or categorical response. We offer a training course about various models for such outcomes. You can read about it here.

ian_jmp
Staff

From what you have said, you might also like to look at the Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving online course.