Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Matt_Converse
Level III

Navigating "rows" of interest in constellation plot

Hi,

Is there a way to easily find 'rows of interest' in a constellation plot containing thousands of points? My wish would be to highlight a row in my table and easily zoom into it in the constellation plot to see the neighbors, but I can't seem to see a way. Thanks!

Matt

13 REPLIES 13
Matt_Converse
Level III

Re: Navigating "rows" of interest in constellation plot

Thanks for chiming in, @Mark_Bailey! I'd like to do the latter (select a row in the data table and have it highlighted in the clustering platform). You are right, the functionality is there, but when I have 1000's of data points, the highlighting that the software does is so subtle I can't see it. Ultimately, I just want to be able zoom into the node I selected in my table so I can view/select some of the neighbors (for further examination/operations, etc.). Does this help any? Sorry if I wasn't very clear in my original post.

Have you learned to use the Magnifier? See the Tools menu or toolbar buttons. It has several modes. All will help you explore a dense constellation plot.

Matt_Converse
Level III

Thanks, @Mark_Bailey. I have tried the magnifier, but it feels like a needle-in-the-haystack type endeavor. A good example would be running the script provided earlier by @Craige_Hales and trying to find a specific number, say node #1812. I can finally pick it out when I have a field of view that encompasses about 20 nodes. So when there are 2000 nodes, I'd have to comb through 50-ish different fields of view (on average) to find it since I don't know anything about its location a priori.

Does it help to resize the plot frame?