Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mickyboy
Level V

Mixed model - Estimate Only Variance Components with 95% C.I.'s

Hi all,

Is it possible to run a mixed model with random effects, and use the estimate only variance component option and request 95% confidence intervals estimates for the variance components, similar to the output you receive when you select unbounded variance components option and request 95% confidence intervals from the output?

Thanks,

Mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mickyboy
Level V

Re: Mixed model - Estimate Only Variance Components with 95% C.I.'s

Hi All, 

Thought i had better add a bit more to this, l am running a mixed model with random effects, l have some components with negative variance, so l am using the estimate only variance components, l would like to get 95% confidence intervals in the output if possible, is it possible??? Because l have some negative variance components, l cant use the output from the unbounded variance components option, does anyone have a work around???

Thanks,

Mick.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mickyboy
Level V

Re: Mixed model - Estimate Only Variance Components with 95% C.I.'s

Hi All, 

Thought i had better add a bit more to this, l am running a mixed model with random effects, l have some components with negative variance, so l am using the estimate only variance components, l would like to get 95% confidence intervals in the output if possible, is it possible??? Because l have some negative variance components, l cant use the output from the unbounded variance components option, does anyone have a work around???

Thanks,

Mick.