Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SuperEla
Level I

Missing values gwas analysis

Hello All,

I'm trying to run my GWAS analysis. When obtaining the results in chromosome 7, some missing values appear. I don't understand why it appears this way. Can someone help me?

SuperEla_0-1650297899997.png

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Missing values gwas analysis

Hi @SuperEla,

Are you using JMP Genomics or JMP Pro? Which version?  Also, how are you running your GWAS analysis?

Thanks, 

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com

Another thought I had a few seconds ago was the potential of missing data for those SNPs from that point on for each of your samples. Is the genotypes encoded numerically or other encoding?

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com
SuperEla
Level I

@Chris_Kirchberg 

The genotypes are numerical. I understand that there should not be any missing value since my annotation data set (map) has all the information for every chromosome.

SuperEla
Level I

Hello @Chris_Kirchberg,

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm using JMP Genomics 13.2. I ran the analysis through workflows > advanced > Genetic Q-K analysis workflow. 

Let me know if that information helps.

Thanks for the information.  I that version number refers to the version of JMP that JMP Genomics is using. Did you get the number from the Help>About JMP option?

I am not sure why that workflow is giving missing values for your data set. It could be a few things like not enough non-missing genotype data for those SNPs (even though the annotation exists) or some other reason like missing values for Q or K information for those SNPs. Is it possible to share which settings you used for that workflow? Screenshots are good for each tab.

In this case, I think it might be best to contact support@jmp.com to see if they can help troubleshoot the source of the issues for that particular version of JMP Genomics.

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
www.jmp.com
SuperEla
Level I

I'm sorry, the version of JMP Genomics is 9.1.

SuperEla_0-1650302697697.pngSuperEla_1-1650302713025.pngSuperEla_2-1650302730125.pngSuperEla_3-1650302745008.pngSuperEla_4-1650302752527.pngSuperEla_5-1650302759531.png

SuperEla_6-1650302768670.png

Thanks, that helps a lot. Let me check and get back to you to see if I can find a reason why before you contact support

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
www.jmp.com
SuperEla
Level I

Thank you! I really appreciate it. 

OK, I checked a data set I have with a few continuous traits and numeric genotypes. All of my SNP have some sort of result.  It is not clear to me why yours show missing values. I have seen where some SNPs are excluded and do not have values, but there would be a column that would let you know which ones were excluded and I do not readily see that column in your results table.

I think now is a good time to contact support@jmp.com. Sorry I could not figure this one out for you.

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
www.jmp.com