cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dale_lehman
Level VII

Missing function column in Calculator Window

I'm currently (real time) teaching a class and have encountered a JMP problem I've never seen before.  One student's calculator window appears to be missing all of the functions on the left side of the screen.  The columns appear and the calculator section of the window appears but there are no functions to choose from and I can't figure out how to get them back.  I don't see anything in the preferences for this and I've searched help and the forum and I'm stumped!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing function column in Calculator Window

Hi Dale, are you referring to the editor window for formula columns? You can move the view slider so the functions screen is effectively collapsed. In that case you would just need to hover the mouse over the area indicated by the red line and drag it back out. Let me know if you are referring to something else. Thanks!

Joseph_Reese_0-1648327887913.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Dale, are you referring to the editor window for formula columns? You can move the view slider so the functions screen is effectively collapsed. In that case you would just need to hover the mouse over the area indicated by the red line and drag it back out. Let me know if you are referring to something else. Thanks!

Joseph_Reese_0-1648327887913.png

dale_lehman
Level VII

Brilliant!  Thanks, I never would have thought about looking there.  I don't know when/how this student managed to hide that column but it was easily uncovered once you pointed to where to look.

jthi
Super User

You mean Formula Editor? Could there be some filters enabled?

jthi_0-1648327847732.png

Is the bottom-left gear visible?

jthi_1-1648327870650.png

From there you should see Categories and hopefully be able to press Reset All Items which could fix it

jthi_2-1648327900503.png

-Jarmo