cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Egon_Gross1
Level II

Malfunction in Bootstrap Forest with Tuning Design Table?

Hi all,

I have a case where I want to apply a Bootstrap Forest approach in combination with a tuning design table. While following the instructions in JMP-Help I ran into the problem that only two out of the six described hyper parameters in the tuning table made it into the nunmbers of models build according to the run number of the tuning table.

Was this issue identified by someone else, too?

I already discussed this with @Jonas_Rinne  and we didn't came up with a satisfying solution. Or is it a bug?

12 REPLIES 12
SDF1
Super User

Re: Malfunction in Bootstrap Forest with Tuning Design Table?

Hi @Egon_Gross1 ,

Attached is the JSL code to run the generalized tuning for several of JMP's modeling platforms.

Thanks!,

DS

Wow, this is a really great tool to fine tune different model parameters. Thanks for sharing!

Hi @Egon_Gross1 Indeed I checked with the platform developer, and they confirmed that BF is in fact using all the specified tuning table columns as @SDF1 commented here, but it just isn't reporting them.  We are working on a fix for this, and it should be incorporated in the JMP 18 development cycle (after the initial release of JMP 18.0 later in Q1 of 2024).    Cheers, @PatrickGiuliano (JMP Tech Support)