cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ErikSwan
Level I

Make 'smoother' lines transparent in Graph Builder?

As the subject says, is there any way to make the "smoother" lines in Graph Builder transparent? Right-click > Graph > Transparency... only affects the points, not the lines.

example.png

I would like to be able to build a graph with hundreds of lines overlaid, and make those lines transparent so that they are not overplotted and it's easier to see the "distribution" of trends.

Likewise, is there a way to change the line width/style of all the lines at once? You can change individual lines in the Customize... window, but that is infeasible for hundreds or thousands of lines.

I am currently using JMP 13.2.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Make 'smoother' lines transparent in Graph Builder?

You can right click on the smoother legend and select Transparency, to change it

transparent.PNG

Jim
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Make 'smoother' lines transparent in Graph Builder?

Erik,

Regarding widening the lines all at once, try this, assuming the reference variable for your graph builder is called gb

_xx = gb << Xpath("//LineSeg");

_xx << Line Width(3);

One method to view one line (one overlay variable) at a time is to add a Local Data Filter.  The only problem I saw was the line and symbol colors are not maintained in the few examples I tried.

Attached is a script from Chapter 7 of our book, demonstrating interactive graphs.  This script enhances a graphbuilder plot that has a many level overlay variable,  U. S. states.  The enhancements include:

• a scrollable legend, so the legend box is not taller than the graph, and
  • a mousebox, that hides all but the state of interest; when the mouse is hovered near a state's name in the legend, only that state's curve/points are displayed.

I modified the book example with the JSL shown above, that is, it is modified to have wide lines.