cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Shiz
Level II

Make combined data table with a column containing the test title

I need help with table scripting, I think...

Goal: run paired tests on 93 variables and save the combined data table of results to apply a multiple-test correction

What's working: the analysis

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 8.20.49 AM.jpg

What I'm struggling with: the output of the combined data table. I'm looking for an output where, ideally, the two-tailed P value is included in the table with a descriptor column that relates back to the comparison. The combined data table looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 8.24.58 AM.jpg

I can't figure out a way to get a column that contains a title/name for that paired test for each 'block' of output. I can use table tools, etc. to get a list of the P values, but not in a way that contains a reference back to the paired test. Ideally, I would have something like: "Difference: Log10....." "Prob > |t|" then I can easily apply the test correction.

Hope I make sense to someone!

Thanks so much in advance!

Shiz

5 REPLIES 5
MRB3855
Super User

Re: Make combined data table with a column containing the test title

Hi @Shiz : Can you just transpose that table?

Shiz
Level II

Yeah, but that results in no relationship between the P value and the test description (see below). The only notation of the variables in the merged table output (above) is in the first two rows in that block of data. I feel like I'm missing something silly and obvious. Thanks for the help!

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 9.44.56 AM.jpg

txnelson
Super User

Please provide a sample of the output you are trying to create. 

Jim
Shiz
Level II

I can get there by shifting/cut/pasting to something I can run with...essentially moving the P descriptor (col 3) and value (col 5) up two cells so it now has some indication of the variable used in the test (col 1). So a win for this, but would like to use this as a chance to work on the table scripting.

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 10.00.44 AM.jpg

Ideally, need an additional column that blocks each test. For example, in my initial table...having a column with the first 8 rows indicating "Diff: Log[xxx] = Log[yyy]", and so forth. But there are other parts I don't understand about the table output. I was expecting 4 columns (based on the report) but the P values all shift a column over:Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 10.11.11 AM.jpg

Thanks for your input!

jthi
Super User

PValues might shift over if they are inside ColStackBox (not visible without seeing properties).

-Jarmo