Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Benjamin_Fuerst
Level III

Make Vertical bar chart showing only Top 10

Hello JMP community,

I would like to have vertical graph like on the left side. This graph is based on a data set far bigger. See on the right.

Now I would only like to show the top 10 or top 5.

Does anybody have a good idea for that?

Ben

What I tried so far, somehow works but not as I would intend it to:

Generally that is possible by:

Limiting with a local data filter for x so that the graph on the right becomes more readable.

Since I use very dynamic filtering option I tediously have to readjust the x-filter every time I Change some other filterings.

I also tried using col rank and sorting by that. With this I can directly choose how many TOPs to select-->Cool. But this won't work if I adjust the filter with some other options because the rank column is ranking totally (even if I subgroup within the formula by an other attribute).

Benjamin_Fuerst_0-1680189449112.png    Benjamin_Fuerst_1-1680189506477.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Make Vertical bar chart showing only Top 10

Hello Ben,

How about Packed bar? Packed bar is slightly different what you want, but it is easier way to do.

103456.png

Benjamin_Fuerst
Level III

Re: Make Vertical bar chart showing only Top 10

Hi Yuichi,

thanks for pointing out this option. I was not aware of the packed bar chart.

It is a kind of workaround, but as you mentioned, it is slightly different as I need it.

Still the other values appear as the secondary bars in gray (depending on the local data filter one has set).
But you can separate them via "Packed ordering" to the bottom and just readjust the y axis so their are not visible any more.

Thanks!