cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
pizzaguy
Level II

Linux and Containerization Support

Hello, I am looking to set up JMP and integrate with SAS 9.4. All our cloud infrastructure is based on Linux and Kubernetes. I am wondering if it is possible to install JMP on Linux or if there are containerized JMP images are available. 

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

Re: Linux and Containerization Support

JMP no longer is available on Linux.  

You may be able to get what you want by converting whatever items you want into a Picture and then saving the picture into a format that you could read by Linux.  

Others may have thoughts on socket connections etc. by I will leave that to those who are more experienced with that area.

I used to use CGI to get data from a Linux system.  You might look into that.

Jim
pizzaguy
Level II

Thank you. Could you elaborate on CGI? If I am not mistaken, you are referring to saving the graphs as images and opening them on Linux? I was hoping to run the JMP on Linux (for example Ubuntu) similar to SAS studio or R studio. 

txnelson
Super User

JMP no loner has a version of JMP that runs on Linux, SAS and R do have version of their products that do run on Linux.

The CGI connection that I am referring to is not for passing graphs.  What I am referring to is using the JMP capability to run a Webpage, a CGI webpage, that happens to be running on a Linux system, and that webpage ran a program on the Linux computer, and returned a file of data back to JMP, which created a data table.

Jim

Also, JMP will not be able to connect to SAS in the future.

pizzaguy
Level II

Thank you for the heads up.

Craige_Hales
Super User

There is a good chance your cloud is already set up with RESTful APIs for databases and other services and you can use JMP's HTTPRequest (JSL) to work with them. You can test out the GET requests with a browser and see the JSON formatted response. This is good because you just need the API docs, not someone that can write a perl/python/etc script and test it and install it in the webserver's CGI directory. 

https://aws.amazon.com/what-is/restful-api/  is an accessible introduction without being too aws specific.

Craige