cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
psundar6
Level III

Legends in Interactive HTML reports

Is there a way to highlight or select legends in Interactive HTML format after the plots have been generated? I am looking for something similar to Marker selection mode (Unselected faded). But the problem is, this doesn't work with Interactive HTML reports since it is impossible to select legend labels in Interactive HTML reports (If there is a way to select legends in Interactive HTML reports, please do let me know)

If someone knows a way around this, please give me your inputs. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Legends in Interactive HTML reports

Unless there's a simpler imlementation of a legend that works in Interactive HTML, this complicated solution might work.

Let's say you have "age" in your legend. You can create a bar chart coloring by age to simulate a legend. In JMP when you click on a bar in the bar chart, the points with the same age will be selected in your other plot. If you create a dashboard and save it as Interactive HTML or publish it to JMP Public, you will have the same legend-like behavior. 

This is what the dashboard looks like as Interactive HTML:

InteractiveLegendDashboard.PNG

I published the dashboard to JMP Public at https://public.jmp.com/packages/Interactive-Legend/js-p/5cf50b6c8d935302b443bfff so you can try it there and download the script that builds the dashboard.

You can also try it below. 

~John     

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Unless there's a simpler imlementation of a legend that works in Interactive HTML, this complicated solution might work.

Let's say you have "age" in your legend. You can create a bar chart coloring by age to simulate a legend. In JMP when you click on a bar in the bar chart, the points with the same age will be selected in your other plot. If you create a dashboard and save it as Interactive HTML or publish it to JMP Public, you will have the same legend-like behavior. 

This is what the dashboard looks like as Interactive HTML:

InteractiveLegendDashboard.PNG

I published the dashboard to JMP Public at https://public.jmp.com/packages/Interactive-Legend/js-p/5cf50b6c8d935302b443bfff so you can try it there and download the script that builds the dashboard.

You can also try it below. 

~John     

The solution offered by @John_Powell_JMP is great for folks working in JMP 16 or earlier. I'll add an update here that we have been working on the legend interactivity in HTML5 reports for JMP 17, which will be available in fall of 2022.