Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AssafY75
Level II

Laptop with tablet mode

Hi,

I changed my laptop to Dell with touch screen ("tablet mode")

Most of JMP options not visible.

Two examples (out of many):

Filter - I added "01" but all the list exist (filter not operated):

Filter.png

I scroll down and right to the end - but the page remain at top left:

Scrool issue.png

I changed my laptop to disable tablet mode, all drivers updated

Are you familiar with such problem?

Thanks in advance,

Assaf

4 REPLIES 4
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Laptop with tablet mode

I'm not familiar with the problem. What version of JMP are you running? Try disabling the hardware acceleration:

preferences window (ctrl-K)preferences window (ctrl-K)

Craige
AssafY75
Level II

Thanks,

JMP16.0.0 (512257)

I disabled the hardware acceleration - some of the problem fixed. For example:

• Filters – exist
  • Charts – I set the columns into the right fields and it’s visible

But, some other (critical) features not changed. For example:

• Scroll up/down/left/right - very slow even for small dataset (even for ~1000 rows)
  • Select specific column/s or rows – not working

jschroedl
Staff

Sorry you're running into trouble with tablet mode. Tablet mode is used very rarely as the OS restricts you to only two onscreen divided windows and since touch is the primary interaction many UI elements were designed for mouse use so they may be smaller and difficult to select.

Disabling the hardware acceleration can be a fix if graphics drivers are old or cause problems for the OS windowing technology we use. Though it does mean that the GPU is not used to help make screen updates faster which may account for the slowness you see. Though I would not expect it to be really slow for a small data set. Perhaps the CPU is under-powered? Are you able to check for updated graphics drivers?

It looks like we may have a bug with inability to select columns in tablet mode. It might be best to contact tech support so they can get info such as your laptop model, resolution, etc. in hopes that we can recreate the issue and diagnose the problem. 

John

AssafY75
Level II

The solution (the majority of the issues) is to disable Hardware Accelerated Graphics ( File > Preferences > Windows Specific > uncheck "Enable hardware accelerated graphics).

Thanks for the helpful answers