cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

JSL plugin for notepad++

Just wondering if anyone has made a plugin for notepad ++ that will allow using notepad++ as the editor. 

I like JMPs builtin but there are a slew of features in n++ that would be useful to be able to use.  Plus the ability to use multiple languages is nice. 

Vince Faller - Predictum
3 REPLIES 3
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Re: JSL plugin for notepad++

So I actually built a JSL plugin for notepad++.  I'll say how to install it below, but might I recommend the JSL for VSCode extension that we moved to instead.  It's under (semi-)active development and has much more extensibility. You can find it by downloading VSCode and searching extensions for "JMP" or in the VSCode marketplace.  

But if you just really like notepad++.  Here's how to install it.  

1. Find your install directory, by default it’s C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++
  2. Go to .\plugins\APIs
  3. Drop jsl.xml in there
  4. If you have cloud settings setup in in N++, go there if not go back to the install directory
    1. vince_faller_0-1592917070875.png

5. Open your functionList.xml
  6. Open funcitonList(JSL).xml from the zip
  7. paste its contents in as another parser below </associationMap>
  8. Save and close
  9. Open your userDefineLang.xml
  10. Open userDefineLang.xml from the zip and paste that in as another lang wherever looks appropriate
  11. Save and close. 
  12. Reopen N++ and you should be good
  13. ??
  14. Profit
Vince Faller - Predictum
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Thank you @vince_faller ,

Could you please provide updated instructions how to install this in N++ 64bit - latest version.

Ron

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

I stopped developing it because I moved to VSCode

Vince Faller - Predictum