Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level VI

JSL > Graph Builder > Advanced Axis Customization > Axis Color Highlights

Hi JMP Community,

Is it possible, via scripting, to dynamically highlight axis values (see image attached) with transparent color boxes without having to first convert the graph to an image and work with drawing / pixel commands?

JMP GB AXIS HIGHLIGHTS.png

Thank you for your help.

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: JSL > Graph Builder > Advanced Axis Customization > Axis Color Highlights

You can add your own graphical objects onto any of the graphical outputs in JMP, using << Add Graphics Script. However, the graphical display area available to the script, does not include the axis areas. I am not seeing a viable way to accomplish what you want to do. Maybe, somehow creating the chart, saving the picture of it, and then bringing it back in as a background image?????? I hope some other Community Member as an insight into this.
Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

You can add your own graphical objects onto any of the graphical outputs in JMP, using << Add Graphics Script. However, the graphical display area available to the script, does not include the axis areas. I am not seeing a viable way to accomplish what you want to do. Maybe, somehow creating the chart, saving the picture of it, and then bringing it back in as a background image?????? I hope some other Community Member as an insight into this.
Jim

View solution in original post

Thierry_S
Level VI

Hi Jim,
Thank you for your feedback: it always very appreciated.
Should I assume that this specific feature does not exist yet and therefore it would be appropriate to suggest it on the Wish List?
Best regards,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Absolutely
Jim
Article Labels