Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Aziza
Level IV

JSL: close data table not responding

Hi,

I have three opened data tables defined by dt_pp, dt_pp_t, dt_final and I want to close them. My script contains the following lines:

Close( dt_pp, No Save );
Close( dt_pp_t, No Save );
Close(dt_final, No Save);

If I run the whole script, it closes the two first data tables and not the last one. But if I select this particular line and run it, it works and the table closes. 

What am I doing wrong/missing here?

Thank you!

Greetings
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

Re: JSL: close data table not responding

@Aziza
          Maybe you could make the tables current before trying to close them ? 

Current Data Table(dt_pp); 
Close(dt_pp,"No Save"); 
Current Data Table(dt_pp_t); 
Close(dt_pp_t,"No Save");
Current Data Table(dt_final); 
Close(dt_final,"No Save"); 

Best
Uday

View solution in original post

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

From your file names, I wonder, if your second file might be linked or still being used.

For example if the second file (dt_pp_t) was a summary of the first (dt_pp), closing dt_pp will automaticaly close dt_pp_t and the second close statement might cause an error, and the third statement is not run.  

When you run your script, look at the log file (CTRL + Shift + L) to see if there is an error statement; that might help. 

You did not state if you were running your script interactively, or scheduled/batch.  If a JSL statement results in a prompt when running interactively, when running remote/batch, the script will end.

Just a few ideas on where  to look.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@Aziza
          Maybe you could make the tables current before trying to close them ? 

Current Data Table(dt_pp); 
Close(dt_pp,"No Save"); 
Current Data Table(dt_pp_t); 
Close(dt_pp_t,"No Save");
Current Data Table(dt_final); 
Close(dt_final,"No Save"); 

Best
Uday
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

From your file names, I wonder, if your second file might be linked or still being used.

For example if the second file (dt_pp_t) was a summary of the first (dt_pp), closing dt_pp will automaticaly close dt_pp_t and the second close statement might cause an error, and the third statement is not run.  

When you run your script, look at the log file (CTRL + Shift + L) to see if there is an error statement; that might help. 

You did not state if you were running your script interactively, or scheduled/batch.  If a JSL statement results in a prompt when running interactively, when running remote/batch, the script will end.

Just a few ideas on where  to look.

Aziza
Level IV

Thank you!
Greetings