cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WoHNY
Level III

JMP16: Life Distribution Make Combined Data Table

Goal is to output a Combined Data Table for each Parametric Estimate - Weibull data in the Life Distribution List Box. In the attached example there are two groups. The continuous variable is VALUEABS, grouping by categorical variable GRP and a second categorical variable, PARMSHORT is the comparison variable. There are six total data values in the Parametric Estimate - Weibull table, I only want the Weibull alpha and Weibull Beta data. Do I need to define a Report then call that Report to generate the Combined Data table?

A second issue is where do I find what List Box number refers to what object? I tried Show Properties but I can't find any definitions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WoHNY
Level III

Re: JMP16: Life Distribution Make Combined Data Table

Mark:

Thank you for the additional response. I will experiment with the code you supplied and I will definitely look into the areas you highlighted in the scripting guide. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can save a reference to the display box when you create the window. For example,

life dist 1 = Life Distribution( ... );

You can then send the message something like this way:

parms = Report( life dist )["Parameter Estimates"][TableBox(1)] << Make Combined Data Table;
WoHNY
Level III

Mark:

Thank you for the reply. As it is in the attached jsl file, if I am interpreting this correctly, it looks like the V List Box encompasses the group of two Life Distributions? I believe I defined the V List Box as LDobj. I tried referring to that as the report but it isn't working. Should I just define each individual Life Distribution LD1 & LD2 in this case? But then how do I refer to both of them to produce the Combined Data Table?

You should study the JMP Scripting Language guide from Help > JMP Documentation. Pay particular attention to the material about JMP windows, display trees, and display boxes. A script based on the Big Class sample data table illustrates how to find and refer to Table Box objects with your desired results. I produced a raw data table with the items you want. You can now remove any unwanted columns. You could instead get the number column box contents and take another approach.

Names Default to Here( 1 );

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

obj = dt << Life Distribution(
	Perspective( Compare Groups ),
	Y( :weight ),
	Grouping( :age ),
	Confidence Interval Method( Wald ),
	Select Distribution( Distribution, Weibull ),
	Select Scale( Weibull ),
	Tabbed Report( 0 ),
	By( :sex )
);

rpt = obj << Report;

parm = rpt << XPath( "//OutlineBox[contains(text(), 'Parameter Estimate')]" );
parms = parm[1][1][TableBox(1)] << Make Combined Data Table;
WoHNY
Level III

Mark:

Thank you for the additional response. I will experiment with the code you supplied and I will definitely look into the areas you highlighted in the scripting guide. Thanks again.