cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
barneyonion
Level II

JMP window groups in windows 10

HI everyone, can anyone help me with the way windows groups instances of JMP in windows 10. In previous versions it seemed to be easier to flick between instances rather than every instance and subwindow being grouped in the taskbar. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to make it better. I find it very difficult to find the actual datatable or plot Im looking to go back to when I have a few open. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have tried searching this before and couldnt find much about it.

Thanks

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

Re: JMP window groups in windows 10

The purpose of the JMP Home window is to help you find and navigate windows. Have you tried this behavior pattern?

Another option is a JMP Project. It provides various features aimed at organizing your work when it entails multiple data tables and analysis platforms.

These options are described in Help > Using JMP.

barneyonion
Level II

Thanks for the reply, when I go into the home window it brings up my recent files instead of a window list so I have to go into each home window and go to the view meny to manually select the window list so it takes a few clicks to get there. Is there a way of docking the window list in my home window. 

My use of JMP tends to be very varied day to day as the datasets we look at come from so many sources so typically I just pull a variety of scripts and datatables instead of repeatedly looking at the same thing everyday so the project format doesnt really suit what im doing. Ideally I would like Windows to not group JMP instances so I can create some separation there but I dont know of a way of leaving all other applications grouped in the taskbar but leaving JMP instances ungrouped.

All advice appreciated!

Thanks

Yes, the Window List can be docked in JMP Home Window. On Windows, the default home window should include the window list and look something like this:

ug_gettingstarted-21

If yours is missing the Window List pane, you can restore it using View->Home Window Panes->Revert to Factory Layout in the main menu:

home window panes.png

barneyonion
Level II

Thanks, that will make life a lot easier, I must have unticked the window list view at some point.
My ideal solution would be to force windows to ungroup each instance of JMP in windows for JMP only. Or to only open the instance of jmp rather than give a whole list of every window that is open in each instance of JMP when you click on JMP in the taskbar. If anyone knows a way of forcing that also it would be much appreciated.
thanks